Can you remember the days before digital marketing, when advertising was exclusive to print media, television or radio? This form of advertising is one-directional, in the sense that it doesn’t involve direct communication with the public. Advertising in this way has to involve a lot of planning, thought and costs to make sure a potential customer is engaged in the product or service that you wish to sell them.
Going digital has changed the world of marketing and has brought about a means of communication with customers that were never before possible – allowing each side to interact.
The Benefits of Digital Marketing
- It has been noted that despite recession and the onset of a global crisis, digital marketing and SEOdid not suffer a great impact when compared to other marketing strategies. Furthermore, it is not unknown that published media has seen a decline in circulation and fewer people are listening to the radio with the popularity of MP3 players and free music downloads. The only form of marketing that has seen to be beneficial at present is digital.
- The cost of digital marketing is also significant and can be far friendlier on your pocket! This will bring smiles to even the smallest of businesses in Melbourne who would otherwise struggle to reach a good audience through more traditional means of advertising. Even using platforms such as LinkedIn, Google, Twitter or Facebook and Instagram can bring you free digital marketing options.
- Flexibility is another key feature of marketing online. As new techniques and strategies come forward on an almost daily basis, you can take advantage of them and instantly change the content of your website to boost visitor numbers and sales.
- If you want to be able to assess certain marketing strategies you can – you can easily set up and monitor counters for all of your campaigns. By tracking website traffic, you can generate leads and receive valuable information on the activity of site visitors. Through digital marketing, you can review which components of your SEO friendly website and marketing strategies are having the most effect on profits.
- Personalisation is part and parcel of digital marketing and can build positive relationships with current and future customers. Through subscribing to a newsletter or offering them the option of customising their experience, customers feel more special when visiting your site. You could use personal greeting messages for every time they log in, and such personal touches can be the deciding point on customer loyalty.
- How does email marketing compare to postal services? Well for one, the delivery is instant, and most internet users will check their inboxes at least once in the day. You can share updates, new products and special offers at the same moment they are implemented, and customers will not be sitting around waiting for ‘snail mail’.
There is one point as to why you should choose digital marketing over more traditional methods for any Melbourne business- you have to make a prominent existence in the daily lives of customers and with everyone on the web these days, it would make perfect sense to join them there!